INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION SECTION
“The IC Section of NAVTTC is its international corporate interface, linking with countries across borders, diplomatic counsellorships and missions, global and national skill providing and regulating agencies, donors, civil society organizations, the international academia and any other associates aspiring to join hands with NAVTTCas partners and friends in development”
- Liaison with International donor agencies, development banks and foreign governments as the initial point of contact;
- Representation in Joint Ministerial Meetings (JMCs) for articulating NAVTTC’s agenda and soliciting cooperation for different countries for enhancement and up scaling the national technical and vocational system;.
- Identifying potential partners for NAVTTC through Liasoning with leading TVET agencies in the international market and facilitating discussions for the senior management of NAVTTC;
- Developing linkages with international and regional TVET capacity development agencies to ensure participation of local trainers, TVET managers and executives, and students in foreign institutions;
- Preparation of concept papers for CDWP / EAD for seeking cooperation from foreign governments and donor agencies.
- Liaison with Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training (MOFE&PT), Economic Affairs Division (EAD), Ministry of Planning, Development, Reforms and Special Initiatives (PDR&SI), Board of Investment (BOI) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) etc regarding TVET related matters.
- Preparation/approvals/actualization/ implementation of MoUs and agreements
- Arrangement of International Conferences, Forums, Seminars and meetings
- Arranging participation in International Skill Shows;
- Creating international linkages for Accreditation with international accrediting TVET agencies/institutions;
- International Accreditation of TVET Institutes:
NAVTTC is in the process of upgrading quality of around 50 TVET institutions across Pakistan for preparation of accreditation/affiliation/joint degree programs from world class institutions around the globe under Hunarmand Pakistan (KamyabJawan) (Skills for All) Initiative. IC team is making rigorous efforts for identifying key partners for accreditation.UK-NARIC, a British agency has recently concluded an assessment exercise to evaluate the preparedness of Pakistani institutes for accreditation by regional and global accrediting agencies. The IC team is currently working in close contact with 50 institutes and training over a 100 institutions staff on QMS’s to fulfill the globalquality standards for a well performing TVET institute.
- vet-MENTORSHIP PARTNERSHIP TOOLKIT:
The following institutes have been selected through this project with UK colleges for sharing of best practices, paving the way forward for international accreditation. Dudley College UK has been selected as one partner institute.
- Construction Technology Training Institute, Islamabad
- College of Technology, Railways Road, Lahore
- Karachi Tools, Dies &Moulds Centre, Karachi
- Shipyard Institute of Technology, Karachi
3.Technical Internship Training Program (TITP), Japan:
Efforts are underway to send Pakistani technical internees to Japan, under this initiative, upon the signing of (MoU) between JITCO and NAVTTC in 2019. The proposed initiative will open the Japanese boundaries for absorption of Pakistan ‘s skilled workforce turning the page on new vistas for emigrant workers.
- Seminars, online meetings and consultations
The IC section has organized innumerable meetings and online consultations during the COVID-19 period, in order to ensure continuity of foreign engagements and sustainability of the initiative taken in the recent past. Counterpartsfrom Singapore, Turkey, Sweden, Finland and New Zealand were kept on board through online consultations culminating in host of new projects, concept design and service agreements.
A delegation comprising of Mr. Willie Eerola, Honorary Consulate General of Pakistan in Finland, Mr. HannuImmonen, Turku Vocational Institute, Turku, Finland, Mr. TimoHaukioja, Project Coordinator, Education Division, Project Management Office, City of Turku, Finland, Mr. Petri Hörkkö, Team Leader, Hotel and Restaurant Catering Education, Turku, Finland visited NAVTTC in February 2020. The visit marked the beginning of a dialogue on partnership in the TEVT sector which resulted in an MOU to be signed with the intention of establishing a joint institute in the hospitality and construction sector, learning from the sophisticated and high standards of Skill Training in Finland, promising many opportunities for the youth of Pakistan
6- Chinese Ambassadors visit to NAVTTC
The Chinese Ambassador Mr. Yao Jing was invited to NAVTTC HQs to celebrate the first tranche of support beginning with NAVTTC under the socio-economic development assistance under CEPEC. NAVTTC will receive equipment for 50 smart classrooms and IT labs to be distributed to selected TEVTA institutes falling in the vicinity of CPEC special economic zones. The Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training was also present on the occasions.