Since its inception in 2006, NAVTTC developed 105 competency-based curricula in collaboration with Provincial TEVTAs and relevant industries. For development of CBT curricula NAVTTC adopted DACUM (Develop A Curriculum) approach. After conducting DACUM Workshop the trade for which curriculum is to be developed is outsourced to Subject Matter Expert (SME) who has both the academic and industry experience. The draft curriculum is deliberated by National Curriculum Review Committee (NCRC) which has following composition and terms of reference.
• 05 Subject specialists from each TEVTA• 05 Representatives from IAG/Industry• 05 DACUM facilitator from NAVTTC/TEVTAs• 01 Representative – Board of Technical Education (BTE)
Terms of Reference
The members of the National Curriculum Review Committee (NCRC) will observe the following guidelines while reviewing the curricula:
1. Expert working group should nominate a Convener and a Facilitator for carrying out the review process effectively.
2. Every member should ensure active participation and exhibit a positive attitude and a professional approach during review/revision of activities.
3. Contents of the modules should be examined thoroughly, identify new areas for improvement keeping in view the need of the job market and socio-economic situation of the country, and make revisions at appropriate stages.
4. Ensure the course contents must have adequate details meeting requirements of the competency standards.
5. Determine level of the curricula and allocate learning volume in terms of credit hours keeping in view the guidelines of National Vocational Qualification Framework (NVQF).
6. Indicate all tools, equipment and consumable items required to carry-out practical exercises.
7. While reviewing the course contents and practicals, the member must bear in mind the knowledge level of the trainees and their employability in the market.
8. Amendment, adjustment, addition and deletion in curriculum contents should not be carried out per se but within objective of upscaling the training in consonance with the market needs.
9. Ensure error free curriculum document after thorough review and revision.
10. Facilitator of the working group should ensure the submission of minutes of the meeting and one copy of final draft of the curriculum document (duly signed by all participants) alongwith a softcopy.